Pain. It’s one of the most talked about topics and something everyone on this planet goes through multiple times in our lives. Whenever I would get hurt when I was little, self massage was when someone to walk up and say, “Ah just rub some dirt on it and get back out there.” It didn’t matter if you scraped your knee or your leg was broken, the idea of ultimate toughness was rubbing “dirt on it” and getting back into the game. The problem is these injuries add up over time, and it becomes harder and harder to ignore pain.
Next time you have aches and pains, look to BioCBD Plus™ as we have created an amazing, all organic topical oil, that is all-natural: Muscle & Joint Relief Oil. I guarantee you this topical oil is more effective than rubbing dirt on it! Using only all-natural ingredients, Muscle & Joint Relief Oil harnesses the power of hemp, curcumin, eucalyptus, white willow bark and burseraceae oils. These Ayurvedic herbs have been used generation after generation. The nutrients in the oil are absorbed quickly into the body, and the oil isn’t greasy, which makes it ideal for self massage and spot treatments.
The practice of self massage has been around for thousands of years. In fact, self massage has roots in Ayurveda just like our Muscle & Joint Relief Oil with Ayurvedic herbs. The word in Ayurveda for self massage is Abhyanga. It is said the daily practice of Abhyanga can help in restoring the balance between doshas, as well as enhancing well-being and longevity.
Hand Self Massage
If you’re like me, then you spend a lot of time on your computer, and spending a lot of time sitting at a desk and working on a computer can cause serious distress to certain parts of the bodies. Too much time spent typing on the keyboard can even lead to carpal tunnel syndrome, which is the serious inflammation of a nerve located in the wrist and fingers.
- Apply a few drops of Muscle & Joint Relief Oil to the affected area and rub into skin. Gently shake out your hands.
- Holding up your right hand with your palm facing away from you. Use your left hand to pull the fingers of the right hand back gently and hold for 5 seconds. Switch hands and repeat. (You can do this same stretch for the thumbs separately)
- Play your hands in the “prayer” position, palms together. Lower your hands until you feel a stretch and hold for 5 seconds. Repeat as needed.
- Spread your fingers as wide apart as you can for 5 seconds. Repeat as needed.
Foam Roller Knee Self Massage
Foam rollers are great! I like to believe most people are like me and won’t know they needed to use a foam roller until they try one! Who knew foam could hurt so much, but in that good burn sort of way! Anyone who has used a foam roller on their IT band (IT for iliotibial) knows exactly what I am talking about.
Our knees already have to a lot of weight to carry. When other muscles in and around our legs aren’t working properly, sometimes the load of those inefficient muscles is transferred to the knees. This can cause the knees to become inflamed and cause pain. For instance, the IT band runs from our hips down to our knees along our thigh muscles. When the IT band becomes tight, more strain can be put on the knee.
- Rub a couple of drops of Muscle & Joint Relief Oil around the painful area on your knee or knees and massage in gently. (Optional: you can rub some Muscle & Joint Relief Oil along the IT band as well.)
- Lie down on the same side as the affected knee with the foam roller under your hip. For example: if your right knee hurts then lie on your right side with the foam roller under your right hip.
- Using your hand to push and pull you, allow the foam roller to travel the entire length of the outer leg from hip to knee.
- Repeat steps 1-3 on the other leg.
trying cbd oil with foam roller
Face Self Massage
The concept of facial self massage is not widespread, but think about it: your face is full of muscles and I would argue that facial muscles are the most visible and most viewed of all muscles! So, why wouldn’t you want to take care of these muscles and give them a relaxing massage? What if I told you that doing so could make you look younger?! Here are some workouts you can do, from Dr. Mercola, that can help keep you looking young.
- Raise your eyebrows as high as you can and hold them for five seconds.
- Open your mouth as wide as possible and stick your tongue out as far as you can and hold for a few seconds.
- Using your three center fingers, press down on your cheeks and smile as hard as you can to raise your cheek muscles against your fingers.
- Move your nose as much as you can from side to side.
- Lift your eyebrows as high as you can, open your eyes as wide as possible and frown at the same time.
- Pucker your lips out as far as possible into the shape of an “O.” Then change your expression into a wide smile. Repeat several times.
- Sit in a comfortable chair and look up at the ceiling. Pucker your lips and stick your tongue out as far as possible to exercise your neck muscles.
When you are finished with these workouts (or if you just want to experience a relaxing massage), here is a suggested technique for your hard working facial muscles.
- Apply a dop or two of Muscle & Joint Relief Oil to your fingertips.
- Rub your fingertips gently in a circular motion on your forehead, temples, cheeks, and jaws (always moving in a upward movement).
- Your ears are another focus area for self massage, especially your ear lobes which are full of essential marma points and nerve endings!
Tell us what you think below!
Our all-natural CBD is voted #1 most effective.